Support, guidance & advice for todays primary carers
Potato, Leek, Lemon and Parmesan Soup – A traditional favourite with a twist of lemon for a cold winter’s evening.
PREP TIME: 40 mins | COOK TIME: 20 minutes | SEASON: Autumn, Winter | ABILITY: Easy | MAKES: 2.5L
I BEST SERVED: Fresh can be frozen
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 50g unsalted butter
- 180g diced brown onion
- 6g chopped fresh garlic
- 3 leeks rinsed and finely chopped
- 12g fresh thyme leaves
- 40g lemon juice
- 625g white potato- skin on, inch chunks
- 1.25L vegetable stock
- 250g cream
- Sea salt flakes
Shaved parmesan, extra virgin olive oil & drizzle of cream
- Place the oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat, add the onion and sweat for 10 minutes without colour.
- Add the garlic, leeks and thyme, sweat down until the leeks are wilted, add the lemon juice to deglaze and season with salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes, stock and seasoning, bring to the boil and simmer, covered until potato is tender. Add cream and remove from heat.
- Emulsify with a stick blender and serve warm topped with parmesan, drizzle of cream & extra virgin olive oil.
Summer 2023 Out Now
Care & Ageing Well Expo Melb 2024
Carer Gateway is an Australian Government program providing free services and support for carers. Call Carer Gateway for support and access to services, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm local time.
Assistance with accessing emergency respite is available any time, 24/7.