Support, guidance & advice for todays primary carers
This recipe is beautifully inclusive, it’s perfect for those on regular or texture-modified diets alike. You can prepare the components ahead of time and bring them together at the time of serving. This apricot puree also makes for a wonderful pavlova topping.
- Preparation 15 minutes
- Cooking 15 to 20 minutes
- Makes 6 to 8 serves
- Season Summer
- Ability Easy
8 large ripe apricots cut in half; stone removed
1/3 cup brown sugar
40g unsalted butter, cubed
2 tbsp verjuice or a squeeze of lemon
Mint leaves, to serve
600ml double thick cream
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 220 degrees.
- Place the halved apricots in a bowl, add brown sugar, verjuice or a squeeze of lemon juice and gently combine
- Transfer onto a baking tray, place a small cube of butter on top of each apricot, then place in the oven to roast for 15 to 20 minutes
- Meanwhile whip the double thick cream to form stiff peaks, then gently fold through the mascarpone and place in the fridge.
- Remove the apricots from the oven, allow them to cool for 10 minutes, then blend until smooth and place in the fridge until chilled and ready to serve.
- Gently fold the apricot puree through the whipped mascarpone cream and serve.
TEXTURE MODIFIED DIET NOTE: Be sure to inspect the apricot puree for unprocessed lumps. If required, blend a little longer or pass through a sieve before plating and serving those on a L4 Puree diet.
Summer 2023 Out Now
Care & Ageing Well Expo Melb 2024
Carer Gateway is an Australian Government program providing free services and support for carers. Call Carer Gateway for support and access to services, Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm local time.
Assistance with accessing emergency respite is available any time, 24/7.
Maggie Beer’s Pork & Beef Meatballs
Maggie Beer’s Lemon, Blueberry & Yoghurt Loaf
Maggie Beer’s Mushroom and lentil sausage rolls
Maggie Beer’s Kale and pinenut tart with chickpea crust and lemon crème fraiche
Warm Gingerbread Pudding With Caramel Sauce for Winter